2020 (and 2021!) brides, you are in luck! Because wedding dresses have never been cooler. Whatever your style, whatever your shape, whatever the vibe you want for your wedding, there is a dress out there for you, and your budget.
1. Halter Necks à la Megan Megan Markle has a lot to answer for! Her stunning halter neck reception dress has inspired a multitude of designs among the 2020 collections, from high neck halters with pretty bows to elegant racerback styles – prepare to flaunt some shoulder in 2020.
2. Balloon Sleeves Puffball sleeves, blouson sleeves, balloon sleeves, whatever you call them, big, blousey, statement sleeves with elasticated ends are big news for 2020 wedding dresses, showing up across the catwalks in both Spring and Fall collections.
3. Exposed Corsetry Corseted wedding dresses are nothing new, in fact, it can be hard to find a gown that doesn’t have a little secret support going on, but exposed corsetry, where you can see the boning and stitching in the bodice, of your gown is everywhere this season, from Berta and Inbal Dror to Hayley Paige and Danielle Frankel. Perhaps the biggest new wedding dress trend for 2020.
4. Plunging Necklines Plunging necklines have been big news for several years now, but this season, they’ve gotten lower. This trend won’t be for everyone, but remember you can always add an illusion panel for a more subtle take on the trend.
5. Fringing So far, fringing is just a micro-trend, but we have a feeling we’ll be seeing a lot more cowgirl-inspired looks making the bridal catwalks in the coming seasons!
6. Clueless Mini Dresses Definitely more of a maxi trend, there were so many mini dresses across the collections for 2020. While short, fitted and strapless (or with spaghetti straps!) was the most common look – we’re thinking Cher’s Calvin Klein number in Clueless – there are lots of short silhouettes to choose from for brides who want something a little less little.